Welcome to the Oddworld Fan Forums (TOFF for short.)

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum
McLeodGaming

Forum

Share | 

Fanfic Idea!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trollercoaster
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Number of posts : 133
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Fanfic Idea!   Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:56 am

I just got a new idea for a fanfic series! Do you remember the unfinished Abraham Lure and the Last Meech Munchie? If you do, you probably remember the way I wanted to make a fanfic based on every Quintology game and bonus Quintology game. Well, I decided to turn my fanfic series into a quintology of 5 quintologies: Every part of the quintology is made up of 5 stories. For example, Abraham Lure and the Last Meech Munchie would be based on AO, Abraham Lure and the Fleech Revenge would be based on AE, Abraham Lure and the Journey for the Orange Lock would be based around a story that I made up, and so on. At the end there would be 5 stories for each Quintology hero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oddey
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Number of posts : 132
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Idea!   Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Despite what you may think, your first attempt at the fan-fic was not what anybody had expected. After making a thread about your upcoming fan-fic, I was wondering if you had even thought through the idea of making such a long fanfic. When I saw the actual fan-fic, I realized that you had thought it through, but it was nothing compared to "A tale of epidemic proportions". As a start it all seemed far too laid out to be real, the charactars may have been portrayed realisticly, but I wasn't attatched to them the way I was to some of the charactars in "A tale of epidemic proportions." It's almost like you made a huge pedastol for a great statue of your glory to stand on, and then made the statue look like a smiley drawn by a two-year-old.

I realise this sounds harsh, but your head is so high into the clouds, you could be hit by the moon soon.

I'll give you credit for trying, but it's really not worthwhile to just make a whole new plan for a fanfic that was given a huge amount of hype and written like your average everyday fan-fic. I just think your feet should be pulled a little closer to the ground.

Finnaly got that off my chest, and would like to say something else too. When I read the title I thought you'd thought of a good story for a fan-fic. Not an idea for your own fan-fic that you'll probrably never finish. Sure, "The meaning of life" (Which is a great book for cheering up, a chuckle, and a great way to find out what you'd like to do.) says that you should follow your dreams, but there is a point where trying to do so is like trying to hop over the atlantic ocean from Denmark while being chained to a ten ton ball, and being blindfolded. What your trying to do right now, is basically the last one. king

You can try, but I don't think you'll get much further than England.

Sorry if this is harsh, but I feel you need one or two taps on the shoulder to tell you the toothfairy isn't real. (Metaphor not literally. king )

About the actual idea: No.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollercoaster
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Number of posts : 133
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Idea!   Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:11 am

The first several chapters of my first fanfic were rushed because I didn't have much time on the computer, and because kind of I just wanted to get past the beginning to get to the parts I considered more exciting. I might try to make the rest of the beginning better, but I will NEVER abandon my fanfic series. I had too much Pound Dog, SligStorm, Hand of Odd, Habitales, Fearietales, Munch's Exoddus, Squeek's Oddysee, the Brutal Ballad of Fangus Klot, and Citizen Siege in my life to think about abandoning projects. I had this fanfic series for a long time, and I already planned out a large part of Abraham Lure and the Journey of the Orange Lock (the third fanfic), but I only posted the idea yesterday. I think that comparing the first several chapters of my first fanfic to the rest of it is like comparing Raisin's Cave to the rest of MO. I will post Chapter 3 of my first fanfic today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oddey
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Idea!   Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:19 pm

All right, but I'm not too sure if you'll improve... Your fan-fic reminds me of, say a slightly better version of "Half-Life Full Life Consequences".

Now you can go on and try it, but you won't be getting comments like "OMG I LOVE YOU!".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GlacierDragon
Queen Glukkon Margaret [Mod]

Number of posts : 191
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Idea!   Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Oddey, don't you think it's a little unfair comparing his fanfic to A Tale of Epidemic Proportions? I mean think about it; that was Moosh's second attempt at a fanfic, whereas Abraham Lure and the Last Meech Munchie was a first. I know you like Epidemic but it does takes time and practise to get good at writing.

Now Huaro, I think you should write your fanfic regardless of what anyone says. If everyone hates it (not saying they would) that doesn't matter as long as you like it. Don't let a few bad comments stop you from writing.

Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Idea!   Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:21 pm

[quote="GlacierDragon"]Oddey, don't you think it's a little unfair comparing his fanfic to A Tale of Epidemic Proportions? I mean think about it; that was Moosh's second attempt at a fanfic, whereas Abraham Lure and the Last Meech Munchie was a first. I know you like Epidemic but it does takes time and practise to get good at writing.
[quote]

Yes but even then I could compare it to Charlotte's Wrath, which again was great. So...

OR I could compare it to Shrown which is also great...

OR I could compare it to The Madness of Life which is... Well you can guess.

OR I could- Oh never mind. Either way I just don't think it's worthwhile making two threads about your fan-fic and kind of dissapointing most people.

But I never said he shouldn't write it. I just didn't agree with the idea.

Oh and the orange lock sounds like a fan-fic of "The Orange Box".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GlacierDragon

Number of posts : 191
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Idea!   Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:29 pm

Meh, I suppose. But again, I wouldn't compair it Shrown or The Madness of Life because I did a lot of story writing before them.

However I must admit, this fanfic series does sound a little too much. If you plan to write each one as a short story, then I think you could probably make it work. But if each one is going to be a massive novel then you will run into problems.

PostSubject: Re: Fanfic Idea!   

Back to top Go down

Fanfic Idea!
Page 1 of 1