Welcome to the Oddworld Fan Forums (TOFF for short.)

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum
McLeodGaming

Forum

Share | 

Things that irritate you.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oddey
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Number of posts : 132
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Things that irritate you.   Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Tell us your hates... Or biggest hate...

I'll hold back with my post for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GlacierDragon
Queen Glukkon Margaret [Mod]

Number of posts : 191
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Religious fanatics. Sorry if I insult anyone here, but people that go round ranting about their religion and trying to convert everyone they meet just really really annoys me (when I watched that film The Fog I got angry with that Christian woman because she just wouldn't shut up).

That and opera singing.

Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:32 pm

I agree with both of those Glacier Dragon. Although Opera is far worse, religion is one thing I cannot stand. I tried to say I was not against it, but didn't agree with it, and the person who I was argueing with came down on me like a nuclear bomb. It's like a fourth Crusade with words rather than swords. Don't agree, you die and are the devil. Agree and you can help us kill people who don't agree.

One thing I can't stand is trends. I hate people who just go with the flow and smash everyone else's beleif by hitting them with a bandwagon. X factor is number one on my list of hated trends. I've looked at it dozens of times and I've wondered "What is the point of having guys judge people?" The only fun thing about X factor is when a person gets rejected and throws stuff at the judges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollercoaster
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Number of posts : 133
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:56 am

The way gaming magazines never mention Oddworld irritates me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oddey
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Huaro the Fleech wrote:
The way gaming magazines never mention Oddworld irritates me.

I've hunted through magazines for games I have and found them only on rare occasion. All I find is the games I'd never play, like Gears Of War, Halo 3, Random Racing Game and whatever pops up in your average gaming magazine. But I can live through it since some of them mention games that aren't as good as all these next-gen games. Not that they need to be.

Oddworld I have found in one game magazine. I have never seen a comercial for Oddworld. It kind of annoys me but its a minor thing compared to other things.

Last edited by Oddey on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollercoaster
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 am

Oddworld wasn't even included on Game Informer's top 25 Xbox games. When I saw this, I was angry and surprised, and I wanted to write a letter to Game Informer asking why, instead of putting Oddworld, they put some games I've never even heard of, but I've never wrote to a magazine, so I decided not to. I would've put the Oddworld games in the first place, just for being Oddworld games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GlacierDragon

Number of posts : 191
Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:40 pm

I was bored, felt the need to abuse my amazing mod powers, and so moved this thread Twisted Evil DON'TBANMEPLEASE

Anyway, I've seen one Oddworld comercial in my life, and It was for Munch's Oddysee (I would have been 7 or 8 ). At a similar time I found a preview of Munch's Oddysee in a gaming magazine, but it was little more than a picture of Munch with Scrabania in the background.

I also get really annoyed by noisy neighbours. Right now as I type my neighbours are making loads of noise, and it is driving me mad.

Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 pm

hehehe wrote:
Oddworld wasn't even included on Game Informer's top 25 Xbox games. When I saw this, I was angry and surprised, and I wanted to write a letter to Game Informer asking why, instead of putting Oddworld, they put some games I've never even heard of, but I've never wrote to a magazine, so I decided not to. I would've put the Oddworld games in the first place, just for being Oddworld games.

I found one magazine about the first few games to come out with the Xbox. Munch's oddysee was one of the first and one of the best.

Edit: I know how you feel. I had some neighbors who were practically screaming while I was trying to sleep. To make matters worse they had a pool with a filter that was so noisy I had to toss and turn for about fifteen minutes before getting to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollercoaster
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:38 am

Oddworld was finally mentioned in the quiz at the end of Issue 190 of Game Informer. The Oddworld-related question was the only one I got right. The main reason I even read gaming magazines is to find something about Oddworld.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oddey
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:11 am

I don't bother to keep up with the world of gaming, politics, and all that other stuff. These days it changes faster than you can read it.

It irritates me when a game comes out, everyone buys it except me, because I know I can get it cheaper next year, and then start screaming that the graphics are great and say nothing about the gameplay, originality or anything else. These days, most of the young people who are my age just buy a game for the graphics. Sure they are nice, but if you have a birthday cake, and no frosting, the cake will still taste good, just not as good as it would with frosting on.

The Press is just plain evil and irritating. It seems to me even the smallest of incidents that happen all the time can be reported to be a huge disaster. Then everyone goes of to jolly well beleive it all. And then celebrities get a whole load of junk written about them daily, and one slight mess-up is reported as again a huge disaster. Seriously it's just mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollercoaster
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:27 am

In my school, people think that the multiplayer mode is the only thing that matters in a game. That irritates me, because a game is a narrative, and the story mode is the most important part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oddey
Wanna Be
Wanna Be

Demerits :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Huaro the Fleech wrote:
In my school, people think that the multiplayer mode is the only thing that matters in a game. That irritates me, because a game is a narrative, and the story mode is the most important part.

Depends on the game. Halo for example is probrably best played online but I've always avoided it for that exact reason. However the story/campaign/adventure mode is usually the most important part of any given game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that irritate you.   

Back to top Go down

Things that irritate you.
Page 1 of 1